- spasmolytic (reduces muscle spasm)
- reduces bloating & flatulence
- improves irregular bowel movements
Acts on underlying causes
- acts on intestinal flora
- stimulates digestion
- reduces intestinal permeability
- reduces disrupted peristalsis
Studies and clinical trials have proved the efficacy of bio-optimised curcumin, fennel oil, and Enterofytol specifically. Some highlights include…
Increased bioavailability 1
The exceptional solubility of Enterofytol, in a single easy-to-swallow capsule, means that the curcumin is more bioavailable than the nearest competitor. This means that the effective ingredients are efficiently absorbed into the bloodstream: 1x capsule of Enterofytol is equivalent to 42g of native curcumin.
Effects of Enterofytol on functional gastrointestinal symptoms, and quality of life in patients with IBS 2
One month multi-centre, double-blind, randomised, placebo controlled study:
120 patients rating between 100 and 300 on the IBS Symptom Severity Score questionnaire, & IBS Quality of Life questionnaire.
2×2 capsules of Enterofytol (or placebo) per day over 1 month
- Enterofytol was significantly superior to placebo in reducing functional gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Enterofytol group reported 64% less pain compared to placebo group.
- A significantly higher number of patients in the Enterofytol group had symptom remission, compared to the placebo group.
- Symptom improvement is significantly higher in Enterofytol group at each assessment day (day 10, 20 & 30).
- Enterofytol improved all aspects of quality of life in patients with functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- Enterofytol has an excellent safety profile.
Effects of Curcumin on intestinal flora and permeability 3
Supplementation with curcumin decreases permeability of the intestinal barrier.
Anitoxidant properties of curcumin 4
Curcumin has been shown to have antioxidant activity (this may help treat the discomfort associated with IBS). In addition, curcumin also inhibits enzymes that promote inflammation and are associated with free radical generation.
Always read the label, Use only as directed and If symptoms persist see your doctor.